04 February, 2012

The Creative Cycle/ Dare We Be?

I love being creative and I often describe myself as a creative person. One thing that annoys me about myself though is I have wonderful ideas (well I think so anyway :) ) but seldom follow through on them. For example: I like creative writing, but have neglected it for quite some time. I'd like to do this, I'd like to accomplish that...but have I followed through on any of it? No.

This quote sums it up I think for me:

“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.” 
― Marianne WilliamsonReturn to Love



I thought about writing a blog for a long time. But who was I to add to the millions and millions of blogs out there? What on earth do I have to say that matters? Why write about myself? I am not interesting. I have nothing of worth to say. Then one day I thought - actually there's lots of thoughts, writings, ideas I want to share. They don't have to be my words...and I bit the bullet, and here I am.
This video made me feel a little at ease with the way I start things, and then don't always follow through. It is a creative cycle - it begins, it blossoms, it dies...and hopefully -if it's a good idea it will blossom again!

The video gets a little long towards the end, but you can stop watching once you get the idea :)

No comments:

Post a Comment